Sunday, March 12, 2017

Ether 1




Verses 1-32: Intro & Genealogy
How does this relate to the atonement?
Moroni relates the story of the Jaredites. He recognizes the love the Lord has for them, and the value inherent in their record. Family relationships are matters of record, and a vital part of what the Savior suffered and died to preserve. Because He atoned, died and took up His body again, we can be made worthy, be resurrected and maintain these sacred relationships.

Lesson for me?
*The Savior knows you by name, and you have a story to tell as well. Keep your history, take time to help redeem the dead, and teach your children to do genealogy. They have the technological know how to do a lot of good.

Verses 33-43: A New Nation
What does this teach me about the atonement?
It reinforces my knowledge that the Savior loves us and works for the salvation of those who reach out to Him, as the Brother of Jared and his family did.

Lesson for me?
*I like that Jared expected, even in the perceived adversity of all the people being "scattered," that the Lord would turn the events into blessings. "Why wouldn't," he thinks, "the Lord lead us into the best and most beautiful land there is?" I can also expect, as the Lord has promised, that great good can come out of my trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment